Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Je me porte a merveille. (I'm doing wonderful).

Things I'm happy about :
-My host family is AWESOME
-My host brother and I get along great -- and he's staying in town for a few days!!
-The bread here is delish
-I really do love the company of a significant amount of my staging class
-My french is improving
-I'm not afraid to mess up
-Lunch costs me under $1 USD every day
-I haven't worried about ANYTHING since I've gotten here
-I live really close to my best staging friend (like 2 streets away)


Things I miss :
-My Etats-Unis (United States) Family!
-Lambeau
-Ice Cubes
-COLD water!
-Black and Milds

They keep telling me staging will get tough - but right now, I love being here. I take each day meal by meal, so I'm not overwhelmed at all. People around me are worrying about everything, but for some reason I feel an incredible calmness being here. I love you and miss you all - but I am doing wonderfully. Do not worry about me - I really do feel at home in Benin already. Things will be hard, but they'll be hard everywhere. Being in Benin really puts things in perspective - and for that I thank God. I thank God for my chance to be here, the calmness I've had, the love I have for the other volunteers/host family, and the love they have for me. And I want to thank you guys for supporting me in doing this, and loving, thinking about, and supporting me now that I'm here.

We started with 60 stagers - 1 has dropped.
We're at 59 now. I really didn't expect him to leave - and I'll miss you!
I don't want to be rude --- but I am going to keep a tally on here of when people drop... and I know more people will drop.

P.S. - I lost my lighter, if I could get one sent to me, that would be great. Right now, I've been using like 3 matches to light my stove ever night.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are having a good time learning about the way of life there and taking things as they come. We love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post a photo of your host family? We're thankful they're taking good care of you there. Do they speak any English? I'll see what I can do about a lighter but I'm not sending you any Black and Milds;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello buddy. i wish i had the time to write you. im just so busy with everybody bs and tryna make it. i have lots to tell you about. glad to hear you still enjoying your stay. miss you. they dont make friends like you anymore. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am overjoyed to hear that this experience thus far has not been overwhelming for you! I hope you are able to continuously keep that sense of peace and calm you are having right now. Do not let anything overwhelm you! You are amazing, and I truly believe that you can conquer any task set before you!
    God Bless! Stay healthy! And I miss you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost the cord to connect my computer to my camera. Looking for it though.

    ReplyDelete